Melkevoll Bretun camping
Melkevoll Bretun is a tourist center just off Briksdalsbreen. Here you have firearms, mountains and waterfalls as your nearest neighbor. You can stay overnight at the campsite in campers and tents, or in our comfortable cabins. There are also day parking facilities with many facilities for all our guests.
At Bretunet we have many offers for those who want to camp with a tent, carriage or motorhome. Ein finds its own place in the nature area, where we have arranged with small screened terraces, as well as larger open areas. Around Bretunet they find benches and wooden tables to enjoy a meal outside.
- Free wifi for our guests.
- Outlets for electricity around the campsite.
- Chemical toilet area and water refill.
- Large new kitchen for cooking and washing up
- Large barbecues and seating areas available to our guests - with a view of the mountains and glacier.
- Personalized daytime service, café with coffee and ice cream, as well as a simple selection of items.
- Washing machine for dressing and dryer
- Shower, WC, bath and sauna, riverbed for ice bath right outside.
At Melkevoll Bretun we have different types of cabins and apartments for rent. We have four high standard cabins and large apartments that are very popular, all with views to the mountains, waterfall and firearms. The three camp cabins have a cozy atmosphere, with very short distance to the service building, the kitchen and everything you need.
Holiday cottage ***** 1, 2 and 3
Our three holiday cabins have been very popular for many years, and make for a comfortable stay.
- Here are: Three double bedrooms - two with single beds and one with double bed. (6 people, extra bed in 2 & 3 gives room for 7 people.) Possibility of cot and extra bed. All cabins have duvets and pillows - bed linen must be brought or rented.
- Shower and WC
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Dining room and lounge
- Natural stone fireplace
- Large terrace
- View of Melkevollsbreen, Briksdalsbreen and Oldevatn, and starting point for hiking in the National Park just outside.
Holiday Cabin 4 *****
A new cottage is coming to the last years. This one has three bedrooms which sleeps 8-10 people, and possibility for cot. On the first floor you will find: Bathroom / Shower / WC, kitchen with dishwasher and dining room, lounge, two bedrooms and heat pump. Wheelchair accessible. 1nd floor: Loft with large bedroom, cozy nook with special view.
Camping cabin **** 5, 6 and 7
The cabins are cozy and have been part of the campsite for a long time, and were newly renovated in 2018. Here you will find: 4 beds (with possibility for 1 extra). Duvet and pillow - bed linen you must bring or rent. Kitchen with cooker, sink and refrigerator. Bathroom with shower and toilet. Stoving hook with sofa and table. Terrace with table and chairs
What can you experience here?
Besides great mountain and glacier walks, we at Bretunet have small hiking trails and "Inforamavegen" with information about mountains, glaciers and history. We have a boat and bicycle rental, and a large area with boulders for climbing enthusiasts. With Melkevoll Bretun as your base, you can experience fjord Norway at its best.
Yoga and mountain retreat - yoga classes for everyone
This past summer, our courses were organized in Yoga at Hemsen at Melkevoll Bretun. With waterfalls, nature and the fresh air here, conditions are very good for exploring and learning yoga. The yoga techniques are great tools for developing good health, quiet mind and relaxation.
Briksdalsbreen (130 - 350 masl, 2 hours round trip)
50 minutes to go from Melkevoll Bretun. Briksdalsbreen is one of Norway's most visited nature attractions. Here you will find a large souvenir shop with good selection, restaurant, and possibility for open car transport. The tour goes through a lush landscape where the sight of waterfalls and glaciers can take your breath away. The road is easy to walk because the farmers in Oldedalen for more than 120 years ago started work on building walls and bridges so that tourists easily arrived. Finally, you cross the border to Jostedalsbreen National Park and you reach the Briksdalsbrevatnet where small icebergs slow down towards the river eve. From the end of the lake, the Briksdalsbreen stretches up the mountain side just to the glacier plateau about 1.500 meters higher up.
The cat roof (130-1450 meters, 5-8 hours round trip)
You follow the road to the Briksdalsbreen and take the right just over the Briksdalsfossen waterfall. The first part of the tour goes in relatively light terrain until you get to Sauschersholten. This is a nice vantage point. If you are low mountain water or have high fear, you should probably turn here. The walk further up the egg is very airy, but still easy to walk. A trip for mountain lakes.
Welcome to great experiences at the entrance to Jostedalsbreen National Park!
- + 47 915 19 208
- +47 41 66 28 83
- Oldedalsvegen 2167
- 6791 Oldedalen
- Visit the campsite's website
- Open: 1.5.-15.10
- Full service period1.6-1.9
- High Season20.6-20.8
- Motorhome / caravan: Summer season only
- Tent: Summer season only
- Apartment: Summer season only
- Cottages: Summer season only
- Motorhome, caravan and tent pitches: 50
- Cabins: 8
- Apartments: 1
- WC: 6
- Showers: 6
- Family room: 1
- Washbasins with hot water: 4