Skudenes is a gem on the island of Karmøy. The name Skudenes, going by "ship", which refers to a rock wall that juts out into the entrance to the harbor.
We are only 800 meters from a beautiful, shallow sandy beach and the marina.
For those who like to hike in the woods, there are marked trails from the campground across the mountains to Kopervik. There are also marked trails of records in Karmøy Marken.
5 Stars: Winter-insulated, spacious and cozy hits and apartments, three and four rooms with bathroom / WC. Kitchen with all amenities, TV / Sat system, Wireless Internet connection. One of the 5 star cabins is adapted for the disabled. A basement apartment and a loft apartment own building.
Cottage no. 21: Top floor of 130 m² with sea views, 2 bathrooms, with 3 bedrooms sleeps 6.
Cottage no. 20: The lower floor is 123 m² with 2 bedrooms, 4 beds
4 Stars: Winter insulated, spacious and cozy cabins, three rooms with bathroom / WC. Kitchen with all amenities, TV / Sat system, Wireless Internet connection.
2 Stars: Single cabins 1 common room. Wireless Internet connection.
All in all, we have power for 40 pcs. campervans, campers or tents. In connection with camping we have showers and TV rooms for free use for all our guests. Wireless Internet connection.
City walk sightseeing, museums, park and "old town" is just a short walk of about 800 meters away. The old town of Skudeneshavn consists of conservation worthy wooden buildings, almost all 100 - 125 boathouses from 1850 century still stands.
Fishing: Can be arranged on request. Please contact in advance of the visit of booking.
Sun and bath: We are only 800 meters from the beautiful, shallow sandy beach and the marina.
Fishing: It is adapted for fishing from land in the immediate area.
Bicycle rentals: We have bikes for hire for children and adults. Day and weekly rental.
Golf: Karmøy Golf Club with its 9 hole golf course, is our nærmsete neighbor.
Playground: Of award-winning playground in the center of Skudeneshavn.
Otherwise Karmøy sights include:
- Vigsnes Grubemuseum. Firhetsgudinnen in New York is made of copper from Visnes.
- Vikinggården and Olavskirken on Avaldsnes. Avaldsnes is 1000 years old in Rogaland.
Shopping: Within 40 km from Skudesnes there are good opportunities for shopping. Oasen Storsenter (Karmøy Municipality), Walking Street and Market in downtown Haugesund and Amanda Storsenter (Haugesund Kommune)
excursions: Day trips to Utsira, Røvær and Feøy is very popular. From Haugesund there are daily several departures to these idyllic islands west of Karmøy.
Experience Karmøy and Haugalandet with Fiordos Noruega, our local guide company. Join us on adventurous tours in the region with the main emphasis on Karmøy. Fishing, city walking in Old Skudeneshavn, local cuisine, exciting stories and secluded natural gems are some of the things you can enjoy.
Restaurants in Skudeneshavn
- Lantern Inn & Restaurant Centrally located on the square in Skudeneshavn. With the sea and the harbor as the nearest neighbor, is the seaside house which contains an inn / pub and an outdoor restaurant with "sea under the chair".
- Smiå Bistro and Piano Bar in Skudenshavn Lunch dishes, soups & appetizers, fish and meat dishes and delicious desserts.
- Kong Summer offers many fun activities like geo-caching, acrobatics, canoeing, flower safaris, food classes and climbing to name just a few!
Welcome to Skudenes Camping, all year open 4 star campsite on Karmøy with 2, 4 and 5 star cabins!
- Motorhome / caravan: All year
- Tent: All year
- Apartment: All year
- Cottages: All year
- Motorhome, caravan and tent pitches: 40
- Cabins: 7
- Apartments: 4
- Bathroom adapted for the disabled: 1
- WC: 9
- Showers: 5
- Family room: 1
- Washbasins with hot water: 9