- Drop-in motorhome / caravan: All year
- Rental cottage: All year
- Season: All year
Tingvoll Camping is a year-round family campsite that is idyllically located right on the seafront by the Tingvollfjord. The square is only 600 meters from Riksveg 70 which runs through Tingvoll Municipality. There is a footpath and cycle path between the campsite and the city center.
Established in 1961, Tingvoll Camping has since been run by the Bergheim family, who do their utmost to make our guests enjoy their stay and enjoy their stay.
Since we call the place a child-friendly place, the children have opportunities for various activities such as sandboxes, play equipment and pirate boats. We also have a private beach that is safe for children. The water quality in the fjord is often checked and it is excellent. For the "older" children there is a youth room with sofa, TV and DVD. For those interested, we can also help arrange horse riding in the mountains.
In 2003, we started using our sanitary facilities, which are built in concrete with tiled walls and floors. There is also a separate handicap toilet and a separate caravan space for caravan toilets. In a separate room there is a washer and dryer, as well as a kitchen sink for washing up. In 2012, we opened a new sanitary building nearer the place for short-term campers. There is also a TV lounge and freezers for "holiday fishermen".
We have wireless internet throughout the campsite.
We have many regular year-round guests, and have also created a separate area at the very edge of the sea where guests with motorhomes and caravans can park. Some of the places are so close to the sea that you can almost "fish from the carriage".
We also have an idyllic area where you can set up a tent.
Barbecue and campfire
In an area by the sea we have created a cozy place where you can burn a small fire and grill your own food. It also happens that events with music and good food are arranged on weekends at the campsite's indoor gathering place. Such events are announced on the information board in the sanitary building.
Food & serving
We have a kitchen that can serve good dinner dishes. We offer everything from fish & chips to the most beautiful Thai pots. Popular spring rolls and snack dishes are also on the menu - the perfect treat by the fire.
We have well known and great fishing spots for you who like to hunt for a good dinner.
Since the place is at the very edge of the sea, it goes without saying that there are good opportunities for fjord fishing. We rent rowboats, and brought boats can be parked in the site's own marina. In the vicinity there are many good fishing spots, and several of these can also be added by rowing boat.
There are also good fishing spots nearby where you can fish from land. In the fjord you can get most of the common species found in salt water, and the record is a cod of 22 kilos taken in 2003.
Since the Tingvollfjord is ice free in winter you can fish here all year round.
- In the vicinity are several hiking trails for forest and mountains, which can be used both summer and winter.
- Tingvoll Church is also well worth a visit, the church is more than 825 years old and is open for guided tours. Every Saturday there are also concerts in the church.
- A visit to the Tingvoll Museum is also recommended, and every Thursday during the summer season various activity days are organized here. In the vicinity of the campsite you will find both types of berries and mushrooms.
Professional Thai massage
We offer professional Thai massage of the highest quality. Everything from Hot stone back massage to a nurturing foot massage for tired legs.
How to get to Tingvoll Camping?
- You can drive the E6 from Oslo north to Oppdal. There, turn west on Riksveg 70 in the direction of Sunndalsøra and Kristiansund.
- You can also get to Tingvoll by driving the Coastal Road between Stavanger and Trondheim.
- The distance from Oppdal to Tingvoll is 120 km.
- From Tingvoll to Kristiansund it is about 60 km, and Tingvoll Campings are a great starting point for day trips to Molde and Kristiansund, preferably with a trip over the fantastic and famous Atlantic Road.
- The distance to Molde, Jazzen and Rosenes City is about 80 km.
Welcome to Tingvoll Camping!
- Possibility of purchase / replacement of Norwegian propane bottles
- Drain foam for emptying portable toilet system
- Empty motorhome
- bathing spot
- Rental of boats
- Suitable for fishing
- Hiking trails